RPM 4.6.1 Release Notes
Summary of changes from rpm 4.6.0
General bugfixes and enhancements
- Fix PGP fingerprint calculation. (RhBug:493777)
- Fix RSA signature checking when signature is smaller than modulus (RhBug:494049, regression introduced by switching to NSS in 4.6.0)
- Fix parsing of PGP public key signature packets (regression introduced in 4.6.0).
- Permit package signing and signature checking to be interrupted in reasonable time.
- Add support for MD2 digests.
- Several memory leaks in signature checking failure cases have been fixed.
- Fix handling of some relative paths in rpmCleanPath() (RhBug:491388)
- Honor –nomanifest on install too
- Avoid parsing %patch on spec query (RhBug:487855)
- Permit NULL to rpmdsSingle() again (regression introduced in 4.6.0)
- Minor optimizations to rpmdsCompare() and rpmdsNotify()
- Fix old broken UTF-8 conversion of Korean manuals (RhBug:466597)
- Various minor documentation + translation fixes and updates.
- Dependency extractor scripts are only run once per file (with internal dependency generator), this can speed building of script-heavy packages noticeably.
- Restrictions on dependency names have been loosened to permit eg. UTF-8 characters as the first character. (RhBug:455119)
- Disallow path name components (~, / and ..) in name, version and release tags (RhBug:493157)
- Update rpmrc defaults to use -mtune instead of deprecated -mcpu (RhBug:493696)
- Add ISA-macros for Alpha architecture
- Fix –with-kde with KDE3 (rhbz#466009)
- Catch exceptions from Python string/number conversions in ts.dbMatch()
- Fix permissions of some non-executable macro etc files
- Sanitize defaultdocdir generation.